Your Wi-Fi switch is the core of your house networking. It ensures all your information gets shipped off the right spots, and it provides your gadgets with a consistent internet connection.
We have prepared for you today the best wifi routers for long-range. These routers will keep you connected, even if your house is big.
Before we go on to the best wifi long-range routers, it is important that you know what do you need to look for when purchasing the router. You don't just take other people's word for it; the specifications matter.
What to consider when choosing a wifi router?
It may be challenging to choose the right wifi router for your home, especially when you're looking for a long-range router.
These tips could save you a lot of time and money, so read them carefully. Without further ado, let's get on with the considerations.
Number of wireless bands
Some time ago, switches worked on a solitary band and broadcast just a single frequency: 2 4GHz. As people changed and houses expanded, the more gadgets could connect to the bands.
Current long-range routers adjusted to the expansion in rush hour gridlock by turning out to be double band, interfacing gadgets on both 2 4GHz and 5 GHz.
The present long-range routers have adopted this strategy above and beyond with tri-band, which uses a 2 4GHz and two 5 GHz connections.
Likewise, with most mechanical advances, you'll have to give more money for tri-band routers, and they're not a must for the normal family.
You can consider buying tri-band wifi routers if your house has many devices or you want to stream in 4k. You will have to find the best long-range router for that.
If you're concerned about distance when it comes to wireless bands, don't be. You shouldn't be afraid that the wireless bands and their usage have more to do with the number of devices you use in your house rather than the distance.
Routers earlier worked on 802.11b, g, or n conventions, gathering a solitary band and providing 11–300 Mbps velocities.
Conventions allude to many highlights or a specific emphasis of innovation identified with a class of gear.
Switches use Wi-Fi guidelines that envelop many things, yet many people use them to distinguish how quickly the switch can move data.
The present routers commonly have double band innovation, as well as 802.11ac, conveying numerous gigabits every second.
When choosing a wi-fi router, you should keep an eye on the routers that use 802.11ac for optimal range performance. A better protocol should help you with the connection if you have a bigger house.
The quantity of ports you acquire is more about the number of gadgets on your wireless network than empowering more effective signs or longer reach.
Various routers have various ports, which permit you to connect different gadgets with the wireless network straightforwardly.
Since numerous gadgets access the web remotely using a wireless network, you likely won't have to interface a significant number of them straightforwardly to the router.
Notwithstanding, you might have to pick more ports to try not to pack at the network center on the off chance that you have a broad and hearty network.
Many people think that the bigger antenna you've got, the greater the signal will be. And that is absolutely right.
That is the reason a portion of the more remarkable routers look like monstrous arachnids, with wayward receiving wires staying every which way.
The reach is also about the signal power; however, many routers use omnidirectional reception apparatuses and conveyed equivalent measures of signal strength in every way.
Our list of the best long-range routers
There are two classifications of long-range switches that function admirably in huge spaces: expandable work Wi-Fi frameworks and conventional routers with amped-up receiving wires and Wi-Fi radios.
Conventional long-range routers use incredible receiving wire exhibits and signal intensifiers to siphon out Wi-Fi signals sufficiently able to arrive at the farthest corners of your home.
Work Wi-Fi frameworks are expandable and offer adaptable inclusion over wide separations and troublesome floor plans.
Conventional routers have more inclusion weaknesses than work frameworks—their reach is more influenced by deterrents like dividers and unusual house formats.
Work switches are somewhat more confounded to set up and can cost more, contingent upon the number of gadgets you need.
The greater part of the routers that made our rundown have flexible antennas, so you can purposefully cover certain territories of your home and arrive at gadgets in beforehand no man's lands.
Now that you know what you should look for when searching for wi-fi routers, it is time for our top ten list.
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
This product may be your number one ticket to safe wi-fi roaming in your house. Forget about dead zones, as the NETGEAR Orbi covers 5000 square feet.
Your house can be full of guests because this product has 25+ capacity of devices that can connect at the same time. This is because of mesh technology, which helps you and your family walk all over your home connected to a single wi-fi network.
If that is not enough for you, you can also extend it by 2500 square feet with separate satellites.
All internet providers will work excellent; you just have to replace your regular long-range router and extender.
You can connect via many internet providers, such as DSL, cable, fiber, satellite, etc.
Pros and Cons
- Convenience - effortless to set up with the special app called Orbi. With that app, you can set up your long-range router in minutes, test the speed, and customize the wi-fi settings.
- Protection - this product is protected by BitDefender, one of the best securities from malware, virus, or hacks on the market.
- High performance - stream your favorite movies in HD and play online games without lags, even if there are multiple devices connected at the same time.
- Incredible range - it ranges about 2500 square feet with the possibility to increase that via satellites, more than ordinary routers.
- Long firmware updates - because auto-update is present, it could take up to one day to get online again.
- Lack of options in Orbi generation - manufacturers removed some options from this Orbi generation, which were present on the Orbi first generation.
TaoTronics Mesh WiFi System
TaoTronics Mesh WiFi System will provide you a strong internet Wi-fi connection. Having an internet speed of 2 4GHz at long range and 5.00 GHz at close range, this product is as fast as it gets.
With this long-range router, you might not have dead zones in your house. It covers every part at a decent internet connection. It covers an amazing 6000 square feet, so this product might fit you well if you have a large house.
Apart from all these benefits, the best thing about the TaoTronics Mesh Wi-Fi System is that you can have 200 devices connected at the same time with great wi-fi internet speed. That is a lot of people; you can throw a house party and be enough one long-range router for all people.
Pros and Cons
- Full network management - you can fully manage your network system. That includes status checking, speed control, protection of various viruses and hackers, etc.
- Guest Wi-fi - you can create a separate wi-fi room for people who come to your house without you giving away your password. That way, your wi-fi network will be secured.
- Convenience - it is easy to set up and start working. Install the app TT Router, and from there, you will have access to all the configuration.
- Cloud Storage - it has the support of USB 3 0 ports and SSD, so it is possible for you to set up a LAN network.
- App bugs - When you are trying to set up your long-range router through the app TT Router, you might get bugs that will slow down the process.
- Disconnects - when you connect the first time to the long-range router, you may have difficulties to stay connected, as common disconnects may occur.
Linksys AX1500 MAX-Stream Mesh WiFi 6 Router
Have a great gaming experience without lags with the Linksys AX1500 MAX-Stream Mesh WiFi 6 Router. As it provides a wi-fi internet connection for 1700 square feet, it could be enough for your entire home.
It has great speed up to 1.5 Gbps. Easy to configure and connect using the ethernet cable. Just follow the instructions, and if you have an iPhone, you must install the Linksys app for this product.
There is also LED light on it, so you can easily see when you're done with the setup. The straightforward but profaned appearance of black color gives up a subtle look.
Pros and Cons
- Smart security - it provides smarter security, as well as parenting control, in case you have children around the long-range router, and it automatically updates itself.
- Ports - you can easily share your documents or files using the USB 3 0 ports.
- Device support - it can support up to 25 devices in your entire home with a max speed of internet.
- Grow possibilities - if you want to upgrade your network, you can do that by adding other Linksys products.
- Setup - you can't set up your long-range router without a Linksys profile and app, like other products.
- Weight - it is a bit heavier than regular routers.
ASUS RT-AX3000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Keep all your family connected to the ASUS RT-AX3000 Dual Band WiFi Router. This long-range router could be your new replacement for your boring old routers.
It can provide one of the strongest mesh systems, as it can create a no-dead space area throughout your home meshing with other devices.
This mesh router has mobile app support. If you want all the management in your hands, download the ASUS router app. This app is for both android or IOS users, so you don't have to worry about that.
The ASUS RT-AX3000 Dual Band WiFi Router has a wi-fi coverage of 3000 square feet and can support more than 30 devices at the same time.
Pros and Cons
- Improved battery life provides higher internet speed and more devices at once; it has a greater battery than its competitors of the same price.
- Alexa support - if you have Alexa in your home, this long-range router will work with that software just fine.
- Protection - it provides parent control and advanced security for you and your family to safely surf the internet.
- Convenience - with just a few clicks on the app, you can completely manage your router settings.
- Firmware bugs - sometimes, even if you update the firmware to the latest version, it can cause problems.
- Can drop the internet speed - you may issue a drop in internet speed sometimes.
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System M5
Are you looking for a high-quality long-range wifi system, then the TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System will suit you just fine. It covers over 5500 square feet with all the dead zones covered.
The great thing about this wireless router is that it was awarded the highest for customer satisfaction. The award was given to it in 2017 and 2019. That is a big consideration when you are not sure if this product is for you.
When you want to roam in your big house, many products require multiple passwords and usernames. That is not the case with TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System M5, as it provides you safely roaming with just one password and username.
Pros and Cons
- No disconnections - unlike other router systems, this one allows you to be on one network, so no disconnections occur when you're roaming through your house.
- Convenience - it is easy to set up with the app called TP-Link Deco. Set up your long-range router within minutes, and manage it to your liking.
- Alexa supported - it works fantastically with Alexa, so if you have it, you won't have problems interfering with one another.
- Support - the support is always there for you 24/7, as they are highly professional and on the market for 2 years.
- Not a lot of devices - this product provides 16 devices to be paired. That might not be enough if you have a big home.
- No IOS support - there is no support for the current IOS 12 version.
ASUS Wireless-AC1700 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
ASUS Wireless-AC1700 Dual-Band Gigabit Router is the one long-range wireless router you might consider buying today. The reason for that is that your gaming experience can go on a whole new level.
This exceptional router's wi-fi coverage is 3000 sq ft, which might be enough for some bigger homes. The data speed is 1700 Mbps just for you to enjoy your free-roaming or gaming.
It provides the incredible Mu Mimo system that allows multiple devices to connect with the Mu Mimo compatible sources. That provides all the connected devices full speed wi-fi.
The ASUS Wireless-AC1700 Dual-Band Gigabit Router could only be activated through an excellent app called Asus router app. It is very easy to use, and in a short time period, you will manage all the settings that it allows.
Pros and Cons
- Great lag-free connection - you and your family can enjoy the 2 4GHz to 5 GHz for downloading files and streaming without any lags.
- Multiple devices - this long-range router can have more than 30 devices connected at the desired speed.
- Alexa compatible - if you have Alexa software in your home, this long-range router works well with it.
- Gaming experience - the router provides an excellent gaming experience, both in the connection speed and security.
- Update bugs - you may encounter some bugs regarding firmware updates.
- Change of speed - sometimes, the connection speed may change drastically.
Linksys EA8300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
Enjoy your 1500+ sq ft of wireless coverage with the Linksys EA8300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router. It provides many interesting features and can connect more than 15 wireless devices at the same time.
Gain access to the Linksys app that lets you manage your long-range router's settings and easily set up it whenever you want. The app itself has many customization features, so everything you want to customize, you might do it on the app.
This long-range router does its best to make your connections fast even when there are many devices connected simultaneously. It pushes the wi-fi performance for all the people to enjoy it.
Pros and Cons
- Mu-Mimo technology - the Linksys EA8300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router uses mu-Mimo technology to connect more than one wi-fi connection at the same time.
- Strong connection with the extender - if you have an extender, this product will team up with it and form a strong connection in every room in your house without any dead space.
- Ports - it provides various ports for all your devices, such as Ethernet and USB 3 0 ports.
- Parenting control bugs - there can occur some bugs regarding parenting control features.
- Install issues - in some networks; it will be a bit difficult to install the long-range router.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router is a great family-oriented router that could suit every family. With its long-range of 2500 sq ft, you could easily roam around your whole house connected.
Apart from other long-range routers, this one can connect more than 50 people at once with standard connection speed. All of these products are listed in this article, but not a single long-range router can connect that amount of people.
The Tp-link company is on the market for several years and has many different successful products, and the TP-Link Ac1750 Smart WiFi Router is definitely one of them.
Pros and Cons
- Works with Alexa - this long-range router is compatible with Alexa, so they will not interfere with each other.
- Faster Wi-fi - it provides three times the regular router connection speed, as well as streaming in 4k resolution without lags or interference.
- Convenience - save your time managing and setting up the long-range router and its settings with the Tether app, which is essential for this router.
- Extender - not all products provide the extender, extending the range of your router's power, such as the TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router.
- Connection break - There can be times when your connection breaks and restarts itself.
- Speed bugs - it may decrease the speed of the internet.
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System S4
With its unusual appearance, TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System stands out easily from the rest on this list. Having wireless coverage of more than 5500 feet, it also beats many other long-range routers in that segment.
With the appearance like a toilet paper roll, it is widely interesting for many people, and it might be interesting for you too. You can roam free in your house without an extender, providing your family a decent connection.
It has one network name and some small ones too. When you roam in your house, it automatically switches from small networks with the same name, enabling you to have wi fi in all of your house with just one name and password.
The amount of devices that the TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System can connect is more than 100. That is an outstanding number with no competition.
Pros and Cons
- Self-Healing - If it happens that your Deco unit loses power or has problems, the other one will automatically switch to your device; that way, you won't lose connection.
- Smart detection - this router mech can easily find the best paths for every device that is connected to ti.
- Updated parental controls - you have more parental controls than in other long-range routers, as you can block certain websites and limit your time online.
- Voice control Alexa - it is compatible with Alexa, so much that you can voice control the wi-fi for your guests.
- Wi-Fi channels - you can't change the channels or their wideness.
Linksys MR8300 Mesh Wi-Fi Router
Providing a router for your family at home has never been easier with the Linksys MR8300 Mesh Wi-Fi Router. With the Linksys app, there is just convenience in your setup.
Providing Mu-Mimo technology, this long-range router might be the best one for your needs. The wi-fi coverage is 2000 sq ft, and it can connect up to 20 devices simultaneously.
The very best thing about the Linksys MR8300 Mesh Wi-fi Router is its speed. The speed of your wifi is astonishing 2.2 GHz, so you will be able to play games, stream or watch movies in higher resolutions.
This router uses smart techniques to increase the wireless coverage in your home. Simply by adding the Velop Mesh Wi-fi node, it automatically increases the range.
Pros and Cons
- Automatic updates - this product automatically updates its firmware, so you don't have to worry about that.
- Convenience - All you have to do is download the Linksys app and connect it to your router, and all of your problems will be solved by the app.
- Multiple ports allow you to use various ports to connect to your long-range router, with speed ten times faster than regular ethernet ports.
- Weight - it is a little heavier than regular long-range routers.
- Needlessly restarting - if you want to configure something, every time you make a change, the router has to be restarted in order to save the changes.
There are many doubts when talking about long-range routers, so we will answer the most frequently asked questions here.
How far can a wi-fi router reach?
It mostly depends on the router, but the average length of normal routers is about 150 sq ft. These routers on our list are for bigger houses and long-range; therefore, they can reach greater lengths.
Does 5 GHz Wi-fi go through walls?
If you heard of the rumors that 5 GHz Wi-fi goes through walls, we hate to break it to you, but that isn't true. Those connections do not go through solid objects.
Which is better, 5GHz or 2 4GHz band?
It depends on what is more important for you. Both of these connections have their advantages and faults, and people are there to judge it. We are talking about wi-fi coverage and the connection speed.
The 5 GHz has a faster data transfer speed but can't cover as much as the 2 4GHz bands. On the other hand, 2 4GHz has great wi-fi coverage, but the speed of transferring data is slower than 5GHz. So in the end, you decide what you want more and your important factor when choosing a wi-fi router.
While it’s hard to find a good router if you have a huge house, we’ve singled out 10 long-range routers here that we think are best for such conditions. Each is unique in its own way, and it is up to you to choose the one you like best and the one that suits you best.
Pay attention that long-range routers are not a small thing and that they are very necessary with today's technology that is growing more and more.
We advise you to take a good look at the specifications of all devices to know exactly what to expect. We made it easy for you because we summarized everything in one place; it's up to you to choose and enjoy your new long-range router.