Have you been to a loud place and could not seem to figure out how to make headphones louder?
Then you’re in the right place because, in this article, you will learn how your headphone sound will be greater than the environment you’re in.
There is nothing worse than having your favorite music on your playlist running, but you can’t hear it because your headphones aren’t loud enough.
Stick with us, and you will learn everything about your problem, but first, let’s get over the basic questions.
Why are my headphones so quiet?
Many people have a problem getting their headphones quiet all of a sudden, so it’s a common occurrence.
To know how to make headphones louder, we must first see why it is happening.
Here are some of the possible reasons why your headphones became quiet:
- Device settings – this is the most common reason why your headphones are quiet. Your right headphone may be louder than the left one too due to this problem. Try putting it in another device; if it is okay, you will need to adjust its settings.
- Connectivity problems – if you have wireless headphones, there is a possibility that your connection isn’t stable enough to make your volume higher. There can be interferences to your connections like a wall between your headphones and phone, or just something made of metal near you. That can also drop your sound quality and make your headphones quieter.
- Problem with the headphones themselves – this may be the issue if your headphones are brand new or used over the years. A hardware defect may occur, which is preventing you from making your headphones louder. It can be the manufacturer’s fault, and you need to change them, or the user’s fault because headphones were used for several years. Regularly clean them for a better lifespan.
- Plug or socket not working well – this can be the reason for wired headphones. Not having a stable connection between your socket and your headphones can be devastating to your sound quality. Make sure you clean your earphone port because the dirt in it can cause poor connections.
- Audio file issue – although this is not very common, it can also happen that your audio file is the problem. Some audio files are recorded at low volume. A great way you can test that is to listen to different audio files; if there is a louder one, the issue is in the audio file itself.
How can I Increase the Volume on my Headphones?
Now that we’ve covered up the most usual reasons why the volume is down on your headphones, now it’s time to see how you can make headphones louder.
Don’t worry if you are an android or apple user, or you have issues with headphones on windows because we’re going to cover up all the devices on how to solve your problem.
We’ve arranged them into sections for you to navigate easier and immediately see your problem and how to solve it. Without further ado, let’s get on with the solutions.
How to Make Headphones Louder on Android?
First thing, we are going to solve the problem for Android users. Sometimes, your operating system may be the cause of your low-quality volume.
Luckily, there is something you can do to make your earbuds louder on android.
For android-users, one of the most successful solutions to this problem is to disable Bluetooth absolute volume.
You can do that by entering your phone’s settings. You can search it on your android phone, but for the majority, it is in the developer options.
Whatever you do with your phone settings regarding volume, including this, keep in mind that you don’t have your headphones on your ears.
The audio can increase sharply and can create problems for your ears. This isn’t just for android users, but generally.
If you are a Samsung user with android 8 and above, it is slightly different for you.
You have to enable Media Volume Sync in the Bluetooth settings in order to sync the volume of your headphones with the phone system volume.
These are the steps you should take to achieve that:
- Open Settings on your phone
- Find Connections and tap on it
- In the Connections, tap Bluetooth
- You can see on the top right of your screen the three-dot menu; tap on that
- Choose media volume sync
- On the top right corner is a toggle switch to turn media volume sync on
- If that doesn’t seem to work immediately, reboot your android phone
When you’re doing this, also don’t put your headphones in your ears. That will prevent a sharp increase of volume to your ears at once.
How to Make Headphones Louder on iPhone?
It doesn’t matter whether you have AirPods or regular iPhone headphones; it can be a drag not having the volume as high as you want to.
Three major solutions will make your earbuds louder. Some of them are typically looking through settings and making corrections, so it will be effortless to catch up.
Making sure that your connections are clean may help, and If pushing the volume up on the side of your phone doesn’t work, try these alternatives:
Late Night EQ Settings
There are many options in the iPhone settings, but this is one of the best. The late-night EQ settings are going to fire up those AirPods and iPhone headphones.
It is very easy to do, as well. You need to go to settings > music. There you will find the Playback section, and in there, you need to click on “EQ.” You can then make your own selection.
iPhone Volume limit
Generally, for most people, the iPhone volume limit works just fine. The reason for that is because their default music limit is set to low. iPhone has a special option to adjust your music limit as you please.
You have to change it from low in order to make your headphones louder. To do that, go to Settings > Music.
There you will find a Playback section, where you should look for “Volume limit.”
Select volume limit to be redirected to another page. There you will see a “Max Volume” slider.
Set it to the maximum to increase your headphone’s volume.
Song Volume on individual songs
iTunes is a music app that only iPhone users have. Every one of your songs in the iTunes library has its own playback volume. It is intended for adjusting music that is too loud or quiet.
The great thing is that you can use this particular feature to increase the volume of your headphones. The app itself provides you simple to make this happen.
First, you have to go to iTunes and choose whatever song you would like to adjust.
When the song starts playing, under the album, you have the slider that you use to adjust the song’s volume, thus increasing it in your headphones.
The only thing that is missing with this feature is doing it automatically for all of your tunes.
If you want to have it with multiple songs, you have to repeat these steps in order to do it manually.
That way, you will lose a lot of time, but it will solve your problem.
How to Make Your Headphones Louder on Windows 10?
Many people working with windows 10 encounter a few volume issues from time to time. It is not uncommon, and it can be fixed as well.
When you tried everything, and the settings are at the highest point, and you still aren’t satisfied with the headphone volume, it is time for a volume boost.
We are going to show you the best volume boosting apps on the market for windows 10.
If there is no hope, these volume boosting apps will boost your headphones to the value you want. Here are the apps:
- Boom 3D – this app is specifically designed on the 3D Surround Audio Engine Algorithm, making it one of the best volume boosting apps in the business. It was recently released on Windows 10, as it was more popular on Mac and IOS. This app has over 40 million users on those platforms, as it is a popular program designed to provide you great volume.
- Equalizer APO – if you thought you need a new set of headphones, think again; this volume booster will solve your problems for free. This app is great because it doesn’t consume your CPU as much as other apps. Everything you need in a volume booster is provided with this app.
- Fx Sound – this is an outstanding app that will boost your headphones on Windows 10. The thing that separates this app from others is the fact that it supports low-resolution input. That means that you don’t need to worry about some old device; it will work like a charm.
These three apps will make positive changes to your sound system. There are no better apps on the market to boost your headphone and make it loud enough for your needs.
How to Make Your Headphones Louder on Mac?
Great luck for Mac users, as Mac provides you the feature to set your different volume levels for your ear headphones.
That way, it saves you a lot of time dealing with volume settings. Once you specify it, and it stays forever.
If you want to adjust your volume on Mac, follow these steps:
- Plug your headphones into the port
- Got to Apple menu > System Preferences
- Go into the “Sound” control panel, and there you will see the slider, with which you can adjust the volume for “headphones” at any level you want
Do these simple steps, and you are good to go. Many Mac keyboards also have volume settings on them, so you can do this even easier.
It is handy when you know it in more ways also.
How to Make Your Headphones Louder on PS4?
You will agree that when you play a game on your ps4, watch a movie, or surf the internet, everything is better when the audio is well-tuned.
It is unsatisfying to play some game without hearing well the in-game music and audio effects.
That is why we are here to help you increase the headphones volume on your ps4. Your console made it super-easy for you. Just follow these simple steps:
- When you’re in the main menu, go to Settings > Devices > Audio devices
- Scroll down until you see the Volume Control (Headphones)
- There you can set your volume level suited for your needs
Bonus tip: if you want to customize your audio experience even further, you can choose what you want to hear from your headphones.
Under Volume Control, you can check the output to the headphone and change it from all devices to just chat if you want to listen just to your chat when you’re gaming. That means any other music is muted.
How to Make Your Headphones Louder on Xbox one?
As we discussed above with the ps4, listening to music and gaming is a different experience when your headphone volume is on a high level.
There are several ways to make your volume increased on your Xbox one.
Don’t worry; there are no complicated solutions. They are all simple. Without further ado, here are the best solutions to increase the volume of your headphones:
Check your Xbox hardware and clean it
It is important that you check all of your hardware and clean everything dirty.
That may cause connection problems with your audio device, thus making your headphone quiet.
You need to check if there is anything damaged with your hardware. You can do that by these simple steps:
- Check your cord, headset, and connector to see if there is any visible damage to it
- Clean your headset connector with a cotton pad. It is best if your cotton pad is dipped in rubbing alcohol. Make sure there is no dirt on it.
Try your headphone on another device
The best thing you can do to be sure that it isn’t a hardware problem is to plug it into another Xbox device. That way, you will know if it needs changes from the settings.
Just plug the controller into another device and check the sound quality. You can also use this method to see if your voice is registered and working well.
Check Your Settings
If it isn’t hardware related, it is in your settings. Like in PS4, on Xbox one, you can change how loud your mic and headphone will be. Also, communication can be customized here.
You can do that by pressing the Xbox button on your controller and going to Settings > Account > Privacy and online safety > Adult defaults > View details.
When you’re in Communicate With Voice and Text, select people who you want to talk to.
These were all the solutions for a variety of devices on how to make headphones louder.
We hope we’ve helped you get the solution for your specific device and that you already have a better volume experience.
Leave a comment and tell us if we helped you and if there is something unclear.